As a managing Principal and Project Architect with MBFA, Mr. Faulkenberry’s responsibilities include communication with the Client, contract negotiations, scheduling, architectural design, construction documents, cost estimating, construction administration, and the daily management of the project design team.
Mr. Faulkenberry has gained over twenty three years experience while working for firms in Eastern North Carolina. He has extensive experience in projects involving historic preservation and adaptive reuse. He has had primary responsibility for design and management of projects to $30 million in construction cost.
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Bachelor of Environmental Design in Architecture, 1976-1980
Master of Architecture, 1980-1982
- Registered Architect in North Carolina, 1986
- NCARB Certified
- Corporate Member, American Institute of Architects
- Chairman, New Bern Historic Preservation Commission, 1989-1997
- President, New Bern Preservation Foundation, 2003
- Member, National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Board Member, Swiss Bear, Inc. Downtown Development Corp. 1991- Present
- Distinguished Leadership Award for Appointed Official, NC Chapter,
American Planning Association, 1997